Thursday, January 10, 2013

Portfolio #1 Inspiration Photos




Seahorse drawing using ink and pen



Reading Assignment #1

  1. What work have you made that seems the most yours? Why? A select amount of work I have created that comes to mind would be a series of ink and pen drawings I made for my Drawing 3 final project. These drawings seem the most mine because I feel as if I really developed my own personal style during the creation of these pieces.
  2. Who are artists that are making work that relates to you? Are there other influences? How are these other influences connected to your work? I feel inspired by artists, Agnes Cecile and Carne Griffiths. These are the two main artists I found that explore the ink and flowing techniques that I find interesting. There are many other artists who do illustrations in ink and pen drawings that I find inspiring. I also find influences from other types of art, such as music, poetry, and quotes.
  3. Discuss, in your own words, why you think this is so. I think the reason why all civilizations throughout history have always created and thrived on art is because art allows people to leave the confinds of the world and all into troubles and enter a place of wonder, imagination, and exploration. I think that is the fundamental reason for art. The ultimate feeling of this is recieved by the artist, but the view is invited to take part as well. Art allows an escape to beauty, and we all need that, we always have and we always will.
  4. Which of these ideas resonates most with you? Why? If that all resonate, how do they differ? All of these ideas resonate with my opinions of art. Art is an outlet for my own personal ideas and beliefs. I feel like creating art adds to the world wide community of artists who are all trying to convey their ideas and allow something that provokes thought and/or delivers beauty to the world. I think its important that we all continue to contribue to this overall connection we have as artists.  
  5. What do you notice about yourself? What are your methods? Subject matter? The answers do not have to be limited to art related topics. I notice that I like to convey an identity to most of my pieces. I like for them to have a sort of personality or story that is left up to the viewer to interpret. The majority of my subject matter are people and animals.
  6. What do you care about? The answers do not have to be limited to art. I care about nature. Freedom to express yourself and your ideas. The importance of finding happiness in "normal" everyday situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment